Monday, October 4, 2010

NEW POST!?

You've guessed correctly!! This is a post made in order to put off studying for yet another school-related test of my knowledge. This time, a quiz in Ancient Greek and Roman Art History. I prefer to think of myself as "almost graduated" but in reality I'm "in for a rude awakening". Lots of work to be done, and lots of classes to squeeze in before the end of Spring Term in May. 

The weekend was great. On Friday, I had to work. The normal weekday shift for me, 5-9, seemed positively grueling and painfully slow, because I had the sorest of throats. Bosses told me I could go home early if it persisted, but I'm trying this new thing where I sell A LOT, and you kinda have to work your shifts in order to do that. I powered through the sore throat but when I got home I cozied up in my beautiful bed (no more dollhouse bed, although I love things in miniatures...) and watched The Princess and the Frog and had a beautiful sleep. 

Saturday morning I woke up to a disorienting asleep right arm and 1 text, 2 missed calls and 2 voicemails from my father, who was wondering where I was and what I was doing. At 9am, we were supposed to meet for breakfast, but, as he should know by now, I'm not a morning person. If I ever agree to do anything with you before 10pm, don't be too terribly shocked if I don't show up. Not that I don't want to be reliable and punctual... it's just that sleep is so amazing (Side Note: Sleeping is most wonderful in the following scenarios: Napping from about 2pm-7pm in cool, rainy weather with the window cracked, Sleeping through the night and into the late morning while feeling sunshine coming through the window, and napping either pool-side or with a book in a hammock). After we decided to screw breakfast and go our separate ways for the day, I called my mom and made plans with her. It ended up being a day-long event of shopping, eating, rolling, ribboning, gone-with-the-winding, and more eating. It was particularly nice being able to see my aunt Margie and cousin Max during that time; we always have so much fun together.  I capped off the day with another session of Instant Netflix and a wonderful session with my bed.

Sleeping in... I guess that's the theme of this blog post. I did it on Sunday morning, er, afternoon by sleeping until approximately (ok, exactly) 1:43pm. This was nice, because when I woke up, I had absolutely no trace of a sore throat. I was cured by sleep (and water, green tea with honey, and a strict liquid diet the whole weekend)! This lack of a throat condition made the rest of the day truly enjoyable. Usually Sundays on my weekends off are masked by the fact that my weekend is over, but a fire and potluck with family distracted me. I prefer Rolling Rock to Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss, the two types of beers I drank there. A stomach ache from a combination of too much chilli and desserts and 4 hours of laughter told me it was time to go home.  The roommates finished off the night with more fun: TV and, of course, trying our best to embarrass one another.

Today I didn't have to work, so I spent my day with one class, a trip to Northpark, a nap, and a meeting about Epic, a company with pretty interesting possibilities for careers in the future. I still see myself traveling for Von Maur and wearing Louboutins I can't afford- so we'll see what happens there. 

Tomorrow is one of those days you just want to be over before it begins. But it will be even worse if I stay up all night being unproductive. Until next time, 2 readers....

No comments:

Post a Comment