Tuesday, August 17, 2010

christmas in august.

I always wish for christmastime during august. Just before classes start, I get nostalgic for the holiday and end up watching christmas movies and listening to holiday music for about a week. 

Tonight I'm watching 

and


I think I will end the night with some Yule B Swingin'


Gisela and I were talking about how Christmas will be this year. My mom is going to be cross-country and I'm really sad about it. Gisela says we can attempt a popcorn garland for our tree, though, and I'm going to plan some sort of fake fireplace scene to hang on the wall. I know it will be cute and I am sure the 3 roommates will have a good holiday together. For now, I'll just enjoy my Christmas in August- I'll worry about the December one later.


2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping by 'sad' that you don't mean 'sad'. We're spending Thanksgiving together and I've got major plans for our enJOYment of that holiDAY! Fun begins at2:30 pm. And lasts through the evening! Plan to spend the night! Christmas -- the 24th and the 25th will take care of themselves and we'll celebrate together before I leave. No fear that that won't be a very nice, heartfelt celebration and become a treasured memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I'm not alone :-)
    Kid you not, I was listening to Christmas music in the car the other day, haha!

    ReplyDelete